World Hydration Day: Unless you have been living under a rock, one skincare tip that everyone swears by is drinking water.
1. Eat Your Water: No doubt drinking water wins the hydration game but did you know that 20% of our water intake comes from food. Fruits & vegetables that are water-dense, nutrient-rich, and high in antioxidants are a great source to replenish your dehydrated skin from within.
Here are some local Indian fruits & vegetables that you can easily add to your diet.Options with 90-100% water content:
- Fruits: muskmelon, strawberries, and watermelon.
- Vegetables: cucumber, cabbage, spinach, tomatoes, bell peppers, cauliflower
2.Choose A Correct Vessel: Drinking water is a great habit, but make it even a better experience by using the correct vessel. Plastic bottles, which are so common, can seep microplastics into the water. It's better to switch to alternatives like glass or reusable bottles. Glass is a safe option because they are lead & chemical-free but not the best option while traveling. Hence we prefer sturdy steel bottles like Root7.
These eco-friendly bottles are easy to carry around while traveling, heading out to the gym, or generally keeping a bottle on you at all times. It’s leakproof & with excellent insulation power. It can keep your drink cold for 30 hours and hot for 2 hours, which makes it a perfect vessel to up your hydration game.
3. Cut Down on Hot Showers: Love a steamy hot shower? Consider cutting them short and switching to lukewarm water instead. Hot water is too harsh on our skin, disrupting its natural barrier. Using hot water often might cause your skin to become dry, irritated, and prone to premature wrinkles.
4. Lock Hydration In Your Skincare Regime: Dehydration is one of the most common skin conditions to go untreated. If your skin is producing excess oil or feels itchy and tight, try hydrating your skin. Our favorite method for hydration is applying moisturizer or any skincare product on damp skin. Throughout the day, you can replenish hydration using a facial mist.
5. Focus on Beauty Sleep: We naturally perspire more when we sleep, which helps restore and balance our water levels. Lack of sleep lowers pH levels and decreases our ability to hold water, which can also cause dry skin. Hence 6-8 hours of quality sleep is a must to retain hydration levels in the skin.
6. Switch to a Gentle Cleanser: A face cleanser can affect the skin's moisture level. As a result, using a hydrating and mild cleanser is essential. Use a mild cleanser that does not strip the skin of its natural moisture and hydration.
Lastly, drink enough water. If you have problems remembering when to drink water, always keep a bottle next to you. To never let your skin get dehydrated, we have found the perfect combo - The Beauty Co. & Root7. Explore our products and level up your hydration game!